Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Estoy viviendo

Hola loved ones. It is 2:15pm on Wednesday. I just wanted to write and let you all know that I am doing okay after a couple rough days in the beginning of my visit to Posoltega. Nothing major, just a dirt floor and some rats (all of this is about my room). I will definitely go into more detail when I get back to my training town, but I just wanted to update you and let you know that I am okay and I am feeling very optomistic about my life here in Posoltega for the next two years. I have already established two friendships with girls in the community, made a community map, introduced myself to every important person in the town and much much more. This town is incredibly poor and there definitely is a lot of work to be done - and I am looking forward to getting started!
I hope everyone is well and that you had a fabuloso birthday kimmy. wish i could have been with you!
will post a longer blog about my visit this weekend.
lots and lots of love,
amanda

2 comments:

  1. Dirt floors you can over come! You probably thought they're would be worst. I am happy to hear that you are making friends (not surprised at all though -- anyone who befriends you will be a very happy person!) and your are acclamating to Posoltega. You will be making a difference in that little town just by being there. Once you get all that education and trying in motion, you'll be ready to move mountains. Hang in there! Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - rats! Thanks for not mentioning how big there were. :) Glad to hear that you are making friends - no surprise there, and please take that as the compliment I meant it to be. The village is lucky to have you!
    Stay warm and dry - and always optimistic!!
    Hugs, Amy, Scott and Kyle

    ReplyDelete